Fort Stewart - Hunter Army Airfield

Home of 3rd Infantry Division

Restricted access to Fort Stewart and Hunter Army Airfield is still in effect for AIE Pass, AIE Card, and Veteran’s Health Identification Card (VHIC) holders.  Passes that have been issued for Taxi/Ride Share, visitation or recreation are suspended until further notice.  For more information visit:

You can get through Stewart Hunter if you have

Military ID (CAC)


Simply show your CAC to the MPs when you come through. You will have to show identification for everyone in your car over 18 years of age, however (they don’t need a CAC, just you).


If you don’t have a Military ID, Report to the installation Visitor Control Center, a background check will need to be completed prior to entering installation. Everyone 18 years and older will need a government issued ID (such as drivers’ license or passport).

Dependent ID

No need to stop at the Visitor Control Center. Your dependent military ID gets you on post without the need for a pass. Everyone over 18 in your car will need to show identification at the gate though (if they don’t need a military ID, drivers licenses will suffice)

Long Term Pass

Grants Access through the gate for a period of 6 months.

Get a Long Term Pass in 4 steps


Fill out Form 2737

Don’t forget your Social Security Number, we need this to conduct your background check.


Give your 2737 to your Supervisor

They will sign the form and take it to the Visitor Control Center  or submit it via AMDREC.


Wait 72 Hours

If you don’t get a call from us, you’re good! Simply go to the Visitor Control Center now and bring these:

  • Driver’s License 
  • Vehicle Registration
  • Insurance


Show your card

Show your Driver’s License and Visitor Pass every time you go through the gate.

Extended Passes

Obtaining short-term and long-term passes made simple! Follow the steps on the flow chart and you’ll be driving through the gates in no time!


Fill it out and send it to your supervisor. We prefer you type it up.

Don’t have a computer? No problem!

Download the Adobe Fill & Sign App and do everything from your phone.

Get the Adobe Fill & Sign App


Once you’re done, your supervisor will submit it using AMRDEC or the Visitor Control Center.

In AMRDEC ⚠, please set the Recipient address at


Step 3 is easy, just wait 72 hours for processing. If you don’t get a call, you’re good to go! Head to the Visitor Control Center to get your Pass.

Frequently Asked Questions

What if I forgot my CAC or ID?

You have to go to the Visitor Control center to get a visitor pass if you don’t have your military ID – or you can ask someone to bring it to you.

Can I get on post with a dependent Military ID?

Yes. There is no need to stop at the Visitor Control Center if you have a dependent ID. Simply show your ID when driving through the gate.